Sunday, September 19, 2010

Week 73 - AHH OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!

September 13, 2010

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! What the heck! This is my last week! hahaha, I was explaining my feelings to some members last night at dinner and Sister James told me that the week before her brother came home from his mission, he said that his feelings were so "bipolar". hahaha. She explained it perfectly the way I feel. Bipolar as in getting really excited to come home to see you all and go to the temple again but then getting super nervous and scared because this is the way I've lived my life for the past 18 months........now what lies ahead for the rest of my life and how do I go about getting back into that life? Like school and work and all that jazz. During church yesterday, I started to have a little hyperventilating moment inside of me when I realized that I only have one more Sunday on my mission. One more Sunday where I run around like crazy! This is just a little bit scary! But I know you guys will keep me super busy and preoccupied :) And I know everything will work out fine too. It always does. But all in all, I do feel very at peace about coming home. Those hyperventilating moments just come every now and then, but then I am at peace again, haha. Oh my, I still can't believe it. By the way, when will we get to go to the temple???
ANYWAY, we had a great week this week. We got to see the Wolfford's and we are seeing them again tonight. We talked about them starting to do family prayer and family scripture study together and they told us that they had already talked about that just a couple days before. They are just so fantastic!!! We are doing a Family Home Evening tonight with them to help them get in that groove of doing that too. They are seriously people that I will look up to my whole life and remember them with such fondness!!! It's going to be hard not being able to see their baptism. But as long as they do it, then that is all that matters. Speaking about cool people and referrals, this ward is so amazing at being member missionaries! There was another family who brought their neighbor to church last week and we met with her in their home this past week. Her name is Dawn and she is great. Hasn't really had much religious exposure in her life but she's so sweet and open. She has an 8 year old daughter who is totally into going to church too. I'm telling ya, a lot of awesome things are going on right now!!
We also found a new investigator named Stephen. We met him at a public forum on campus. He was on the phone and Sister Johnson just slipped him a Mormon.org card as he walked by and about 5 minutes later he came back and asked her a bunch of questions. We met with him this week and he is way cool! He knows a LOT about the bible and his dad was some kind of christian minister, but the questions he asks are not trying to bash. They are totally sincere and he seems like he is really trying to figure this stuff out.
One other fun thing for this past week.....the YSA branch had a BARN DANCE! :) hahaha. We invited some investigators so we showed up for a bit. I think it was totally preparing me for having fun going country dancing again some day! :) Don't worry, we didn't dance or anything. We helped out in the kitchen and talked to people, but it was still fun watching people learn how to square dance.......or I should say TRYING to learn how to dance! And another cool thing about it, it was a combined YSA activity for people in other stakes as well. So I saw a girl from my first area in Elizabethtown and then a kid from my second area in Dover! That was so fun to see them and talk to them again! Almost like bringing back my mission to one area :) And of course, since those areas were at the beginning of my mission, they told me "I thought you'd be long gone by now" hahaha. Not quite yet guys.
This week is going to be an awesome week too. Hopefully it'll be the best, most amazingly spirit-filled, full of miracles week of my whole mission. That's what I'm praying for anyway. You guys can pray that I can have that kind of week too if you want. But we are going to be seeing everyone we possibly can. We even got an appointment to see Karen Rath (who was supposed to be baptized in July but dropped us) so I could give her my info and say goodbye to her. Oh and get excited because I'm going to bring home some Amish treats! mmmmmm, they are so good! :)
I hope you guys have a fantastic week! Love you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! See you in 8 days! Oh, and I will be checking my email again next Monday, so you can still write to me then too :) I'll still be here! Love you!!
Love, Holly

1 comment:

  1. Wow Holly! Can't believe it's almost over! I hope your last week is awesome.

    ReplyDelete